Thursday, February 10, 2011

7 weeks already?

Well, the last 7 weeks have FLOWN by!! I can't belive how big Aubrey is getting and how well we are all adjusting to having a new precious one in our family.

Adelyn LOVES being a big sister. She is so very helpful. She loves that Aubrey is a girl, and likes to help me pick out clothes for her to wear, and likes to hold her and give her a pacifier if she is crying. She is loving preschool and making lots of friends. She is the social butterfly of the family, for sure. She is learning so much at Cubbies, also. I love to hear her questions about God, and I love to hear her sing worship songs. One of her favorites right now is I Will Follow, by Chris Tomlin.

Ryland is so sweet and has now added "Baby Aubrey" to his ever expanding vocabulary. He is feeling a little bit lost in the shuffle I think, as we are busy taking care of Aubrey, but he is pretty mellow and will play with his toy train for the longest time. "CHOOOOO CHOOOO!" He will be two this coming Sunday and growing like a weed. He keeps us laughing, for sure. The other day he was trying to drink his peanut butter bagel through a straw... he is so silly. We also laugh because when he gets excited he gets LOUD! We regularly have to tell him to be a little quieter... COW!!! MOOOOOOOOOO!!! Oh, it's so funny.

Aubrey is growing SO fast. She is a pleasure to have around. Unfortunately, nursing did not work out. I gave it 6 weeks, and we weren't making any progress, so she is now on bottles. It was a little dissappointing at first, because I was sure I was a nursing pro! Heck, I had done it for 2 years of my life! But I feel okay about it, because she is thriving and that is what is important. We had her follow up appointment at Cardiology today and got great news. After and Echocardiogram and EKG, it seems as though her Stenosis of the Pulomonary vaulve is improving. The Dr. told me today that she expects her to continue on this trend, and that there will probably never be need for intervention. If there was a need at some point in the future, it would NOT require surgery, which eased my mind greatly. It would just be a Cath-Lab procedure. We are going to recheck her in 3 months, but we expect that she will be doing great!

I am adjusting to being a mommy of 3 pretty well. Some days are harder than others, but we are getting through it, okay! I am excited about what the future holds for our family having 3 little precious ones so close together. One of the highlights of my week, though, is my little break at Choir on Wednesday nights. Aubrey goes with me, and she has already been a blessing to many, but just being there. One friend in particular was blessed to tears as she held my precious baby. I love that Aubrey was a surprise blessing to us, and just continues to be a blessing to us and to others. I have been given a new perspective on how the Lord loves us through others, and through his (sometimes seemingly crazy) purposes.

Now, if it would just stop snowing, maybe we could get out of the house! ;)

2 comments:

  1. Thank you so much for the update Shannon! I'm glad things are going so well. You are such a wonderful mother to those 3 little hearts. God bless all of you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Woops, that was Ellie, not Stephen that wrote that last comment (if you couldn't have guessed) :) I must have been logged into his account!

    ReplyDelete