Thursday, April 22, 2010

Thankful


This week, I am feeling so thankful!

I am thankful that we have a loving Savior who cares about the intimate details of our life. We have a God who holds our lives in the palm of His hands.
2 Peter 1:3 says:
"His divine power has given us everything we need for life and godliness through our knowledge of him who called us by his own glory and goodness."

I am so thankful that the Lord has already given us EVERYTHING we need!!
I am thankful for doctors, hospitals and tests that ruled out anything life threatening last week when we spent the day in the ER with Kyle. I am thankful that he is okay, and that the Lord kept him safe when he was having such strange and painful symptoms while driving.

I am thankful for our dear sweet children. I am thankful for Adelyn's abundant, contagious Joy, and excitement for life. I am thankful for her precious prayers around the dinner table, and at bedtime, and for her desire to look for rainbows, no matter what the weather. I am thankful for Ryland and his ability to make us laugh with endless games of Peek-A-Boo (which are especially precious because he doesn't cover his eyes all the way ;)) I am thankful for the wonderful help we are receiving to teach him how to hear and to speak.

I am thankful for the representation of the Body of Christ to me last week. I am thankful for the many people who were praying (GO SOPRANOS!) the numerous phone calls, and meals that were sent our way. I was blessed beyond belief last week, by the generous outpouring of love and care on our little family.

2 Peter 1:2
Grace and peace be yours in abundance through the knowledge of God and of Jesus our Lord.









1 comment:

  1. Beautiful post Shannon, I'm so glad God is taking care of your family!

    ReplyDelete